Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NO SIGNS-YES TREES - Looking for Last Big Push From YOU -

First, don't be surprised not to see my signs on the streets since I have made a pledge to plant trees instead. I made this pledge because it is time for political campaigns to join the sustainability movement and take some steps to reduce waste. While this is a small environmental step, it does demonstrate an alternative approach to politics. Also, by planting trees we are affirmatively reducing carbons and increasing oxygen in our environment. Signs also create an ugly landscape and keep our police and staff busy with hundreds of complaints... In our small town we simply don't need signs if our voters are willing to learn who the best candidates are for the job. Everything you need to know about the candidates can be done by reading our material, watching us on TV or the Internet, and learning about us at our websites and other media venues. I believe an educated voter can make a better choice than just counting signs.

Well, what this means is that I am counting on our citizens being educated voters. You can help me get the message out by sending out friend to friend cards and by displaying a bumper sticker or wearing a button. Not only show your support but please speak about our campaign and share your expirience with me as your City Councilman. You can also send a letter to the editor at Pioneer Press (HP News) expressing your support for my re-election. Please also sign up to simply endorse my candidacy .