Friday, April 10, 2009

Four More Years.....

I want to thank all my supporters and citizens of Highland Park that believed in me and my ability to represent this community as a Councilman. While we will miss my friend Councilman Michael Brenner and his availability and representation of the common citizen, we gain a strong environmental advocate and friend of mine, Councilman-Elect Nancy Rotering.

This election was a close race where the incumbents were only separated by about 100 votes out of totals of approximately 3100 votes. While everybody talks about who came in first, second, third, and fourth, the bottom line is this community had great support for all of the four candidates. No one was blown out here and no mandates by anyone candidate were received, especially if you analyze the votes closely city wide.

Now that the election is over, we need to all come together and work to support each others potential on representation of our citizens. With the very bright and accomplished Council folks that surround me, I am sure we will be able to make the best decisions possible for our community.

The new Council is seated on May 11, 2009 and no matter who you supported for Council, we need to again unify for the common good of Highland Park.