Monday, July 06, 2009

Hope Everybody had a great 4th of July

While my wife convinced me to go up to the cottage in Wisconsin and miss the HP parade, I still reflected on how I could be a better citizen and public official. I have never really enjoyed being the object of attention at these big public events. I would much rather be out there with you in the crowd cheering and enjoying the sights and sounds.

What always amazes me is the willingness of citizens to give of themselves to our country in the armed services, helping the less fortunate, and just helping others in general through many worthwhile charities and not for profits. Appreciation for those folks that constantly give should always be promoted and recognized.

This is the best county in the world and all of us can take an important role in working to make it better. That spirit of Independence and the sacrifice of our founders should never be taken for granted and always calls on us to push our generation to take another step forward to promote the welfare of our nation.