Monday, August 24, 2009

Council members don't appreciate our newsletters

Nancy Rotering and I took a pretty large amount of abuse tonight at the pre-session Council meeting when the discussion of commission and council ethics turned into a roast of the newsletter publishers!

While I have seen some wild times around the big table, this was a whopper of an awakening for Councilman Rotering....I'M Sure! I have seen books thrown, people shoved, and several screaming episodes over my 17 years of service, BUT the verbal onslaught by three of five Council members remaining was the worse I have ever seen in a continuous premeditated assault against Nancy and I.

I know that issues that I bring out concerning the budget, seniors, open government, and several others irritate the Mayor and Council to no end. I do not send this information out to hurt or irritate my colleagues. I believe I am informing our citizens, giving my perspective, and asking for feedback.

Civil order must be maintained at these meetings no matter how each individual feels about the direction of the city and their advocacy's. This group seems to really not like any diversity within its ranks. Left, Right Left, Right Left Right.

Come on Council folks, can't we just all get along.