Saturday, November 06, 2010

Mike Belsky will not run for Mayor in 2011

I want to thank Mayor Mike Belsky for his service to our community over the past 16+ years as Councilman and Mayor. He has just told us he will not run for re-election as Mayor in 2011.

We have worked together on issues across the board and while sometimes disagreeing, much progress has been made on behalf of the citizens of Highland Park. Mike is a smart and heart felt individual that has given all he has to this community during his service. His support and encouragement of my efforts on the environmental, fiscal, and visionary fronts have always helped us achieve better outcomes for our community. I hope my support of his initiatives have given him the same confidence to push further than others have before.

While politically things have been bumpy at times, I look back at the achieved outcomes we have planted and taken root over the past 16 years, and I am proud to have worked with Mike on behalf of Highland Park.