Friday, December 16, 2011

Looking forward to continued Public Service On Lake County Board

Last night at a SWALCO meeting in Hainesville with colleagues from over 25 of Lake County's communities I felt excitement about the vast opportunities to create positive change. There is strength in numbers and broader consensus building. Local government, including the County, is a place where we can make a difference in peoples lives. The gridlock of Federal and to the lesser extent State government is something I have not seen in most local government.

Highland Park and Lake County are AAA financially rated and have worked together on a broad spectrum of issues. Looking forward to participate in this much broader forum in representing residents in Highland Park, Highwood, and Deerfield.

The primary election date is March 20th with early voting starting February 27th in Lake County. While I am unopposed in the Primary I will be putting together a campaign as the November general election could produce an opponent. I released a Press Release to announce my election for Lake County Board District 11. I want to thank Sen. Garrett, Rep. May, Mayor Rotering, Mayor Pierce, Mayor Geraci, and the entire City Council of Highland Park for their support.