Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Back on the Campaign Trail again!

Well.... I accepted an invitation to attend a get together in Deerfield to speak with Lake County United on the rebuilding of Winchester House and affordable housing in Lake County. While I thought it would be a discussion and an informative round table interaction, it actually turned out to be a full blown debate amongst about 11 candidates for County Board and the State Senate......

After being unopposed in the primary as the Democratic Candidate for County Board District 11 and being fully engaged in my current position as a Highland Park City Councilman, this DEBATE was like a push off the dock into the cold ice water of POLITICS... Hey, I am running for the County Board and I'm sure I was graded on a curve amongst all 11 candidates... While I was nervous and started out weaker than I wanted, I finished strong and was personally happy with what I shared with my gracious hosts.

This debate kind of kicked me into gear and actually sent me out to early vote today. I look forward to working with Lake County United and the many other volunteers that are engaged county wide in networking to help our residents.