Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Last City Council Meeting

Last night was my last City Council meeting sitting as Mayor Pro Tem and Councilman for the City of Highland Park. I want to thank Mayor Nancy Rotering and my fellow Council members for all their kind words that they expressed and the friendship they have shared with me.

Sitting on the Council for my 20th year has been a great experience with many rewards. Having the support of the community and the citizens over the past 20 years and as recently expressed in my Lake County Board victory election, has been one of the finest gifts I have ever received.

I have always been impressed by the dedication and heart felt allegiance to our citizens by the four mayors and many Councilman I have served along side over the past two decades. I have learned and grown as a public servant understanding the methods that have achieved good outcomes for our community within our City Council Partnership.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank my family, the citizens, and my fellow City Council members over my 5 terms for their support and contribution to making Highland Park a great community and putting a big smile on my face!

Steve