Monday, April 29, 2013

New Council Folks can hit ground running....

Congratulations to my endorsements that DID get elected to the Highland Park City Council - Kim Stone, Dan Kaufman, and Alyssa Knobel.. Actually, while I might want to think I had some impact on this election, these fine candidates won on their own hard work, dedication to matters important to our community, and their tools and capacity to create constructive change. While they don't have the years of institutional knowledge some of us have, they know where us old fogy's are and surely will reach out for our historical prospective.

New governance models to reduce costs, business revival and retention, sustainability, and community networking needs to be front and center with this new group as they head off from the starting line. After Nancy got elected Mayor I do regret we never had that retreat to work out our Council Vision for the community. I would encourage this City Council to hold a retreat with a facilitator to help create the group vision and goals as a first step A.S.A.P. My number is 847.831.0373 if you wish to talk folks...... Go Get Em!