Sunday, October 30, 2011

Steve Mandel for Lake County Board

UPDATE..I filed on the 28th of November and learned yesterday that no others filed at the closing of yesterday. What this means is that I am unopposed in the March 20th, 2012 Primary election and we move onto the November election. Yippeee!
Since this is a partisan election there can be someone slated to run against me in November but as yet all is clear. Lake County Board District 11 contains almost all of Highland Park, all of Highwood, and a tiny piece of Deerfield. The New Lake County Board will be seated on the 1st meeting in December of 2012.

Recently the Lake County Board has created a new district that includes most of Highland Park, all of Highwood, and a small part of Deerfield. I am currently passing petitions to run for this newly formed district and am excited about extending my political career at the County.

As many of you might know, I originally started my public service working on County issues and have continued that work through today serving as an Executive Board Member, Chair of the Finance Committee, and Chair of the Legislative Committee for the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County. SWALCO is an agency that represents about 41 communities in Lake County. Outside of SWALCO, I have been involved in County open space preservation, discussions on health services, housing, watershed conservation, and land use.

Michelle Feldman and Anne Bassi currently represent areas covered by the newly drawn district. I would be proud to continue the good efforts of both these fine ladies while bringing a renewed enthusiasm in representation of this new district and all of Lake County.

Please give me feedback on this new opportunity as I collect my petitions and prepare to file within this next month.  Thank you for all your support..... past and present!